Sunday, June 19, 2011

Malaria Vaccine

       Malaria is a disease where a protozoan parasite from an infected mosquito, invades the body’s red blood cells. The parasite transfers from an infected mosquito to a human through the skin and then goes to the liver cells where it replicates itself so the parasite can enter the blood and bursts red blood cells (shown in the picture). Under a microscope, the parasite looks spherical, yellow, and1/20th the size of a red blood cell. There are four different species of the malaria parasite with the most common being Plasmodium falciparum being the most aggressive and deadly. Some forms cause recurring infections but rarely kills. Most often malaria begins with a fever and can kill a person within 24 hours or continue a fever and chills cycle for many days. 

It is a public health problem today in more than 100 countries and causes more than one million deaths a year. It is more prominent in third world countries with mostly children and pregnant women dying, but can occur everywhere. This disparity is caused by lack of proper funding and clean potable water for the communities, this furthermore leads to the root of the problem with tangent water. They use anti-malarial drugs to combat the disease once a person obtains it, but over time the malarial parasites have developed resistance to theses drugs. Recently a new study shows they may have found a way to discover a vaccination.
            Scientists have many theories on the development of a vaccine for malaria. One is to generate T-cells against liver-stage antigens to disrupt the parasitic life style. Some scientists have generated a genetically attenuated parasite (GAP) that can stop the protozoan parasite from replicating in the late liver stage. Before scientists were just trying to stop replication in the early live stage but this doesn’t stop all of the sporozoites from replicating. So now they are trying genetically attenuated parasites, which are produced from targeted gene deletions, to stop late liver stage developments. They have succeeded with mice and are hoping to further their studies. So hopefully this new strategy will lead to the vaccination for this horrible disease. Dr. Kappe and Dr. Harty now need a powerful model to find new parasite protein-based vaccine candidates that protect against infection in the liver and blood.
            A lot of past research acknowledges the fact that the vaccination is tricky since this parasite can be resistant to the dosage. They still believe that “vaccinations with viral-based vaccines hold promise for the prevention of malaria,” but they all seem to be on trials with animals. However, this is progress with this new strategy, and the way modern medicine continues on its path, the cure is likely in the near future. Which is hopeful since malaria has become more resistant and people get few immunities from catching this parasite, so incidents have increased globally.
 

Sources
Malaria Vaccination Strategy
MalariaFoundation
ELSEVIER

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I met three years ago on herpes dating site so we discovered we are +ve from the beginning of our relationship, that we both had genital herpes. My first outbreak was the ABSOLUTE worst experience, I was so sick. We suffered for one year plus, had constant outbreaks and then finally we decided to both respectively take Dr Utu African Traditional Herbs as advised by friends. His herb is Not much bitter or sour taste.
    Dosage two times daily every day for four weeks, and honest to goodness it was a miraculous herbs. We were on it for not more than two weeks when we noticed total change. 'couldn't wait for four weeks. It was third week and five days we used the herbs. Then we went for test and was already hsv2 negative, the both of us. Neither of us have had any lesion, outbreak or symptoms till date.
    For traditional and permanent hsv cure, Contact him on drutuherbalcure@gmail.com or direct WhatsApp or phone +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still Struggle with Cold Sores, unexpected Outbreak and Herpes Virus? then you don't have to keep waiting for treatment when the is a herbal medicine that cure this virus. I was searching online for Herbal Cure for Herpes Virus when I saw a testimony online about Dr. Akintunde and how he cured a lady of HSV1 with his.
    natural herbal medicine and tested Negative and in less than a month she was cured of this virus. So it took me time to believe that this was true, because my family Doctor tried all his best to get rid of this virus in my body system but yet no cure and I suffered from outbreak and Cold Sores always. I had to contact Dr. Akintunde after I have access his website and i had faith in God that I was going to be fine and free of this virus one day. Finally I contacted Dr. Akintunde on his WhatsApp number that I saw on the testimony post online, and after our conversation the Doctor only promise me that I was going to be cured and free of this virus after taking his natural herbal medicine because I was tired of my situation with this virus it was so distracting to my life and whole family. Later Dr. Akintunde send some Herbal medicine to me through UPS courier service, with instructions on how to used this medicine, to my biggest surprise first week of taking my herbal medication I saw great improvement and I still think that it's a dream but this is real, I now test Negative of this virus today and my blood pressure well regulated now, my family doctor after my test was extremely surprise to see my test result change to HSV1 Negative and no more symptoms, cold sores, sores throat and outbreak again. I wish to tell everyone about this, mostly if you have this virus then do yourself good to contact Dr. Akintunde and see what the Lord can do through this Herbal Doctor's medicine in less than a month. 100% free from herpes Virus. I and my family say "thank you" Sir, for helping my life. You are a blessing to this generation and God will reward you richly

    Email: drakintundehomecare@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number: +234 703 524 5593

    ReplyDelete